Automation Test Engineer
Manchester, Manchester. United Kingdom
At Sorted, we create game-changing delivery management software that sits in online checkouts, warehouses, retailer supply chains and on your smartphone. Our data-driven tech is used by some of the biggest retailers in the UK; we help them serve their global customers, making sure they have delightful delivery experiences. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyN3yDzrx0Q
Now is an exciting time for us, as we expand into new markets and take on the world.
Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for new recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them. Our teams work on exciting greenfield development projects, as well as enhancing and maintaining our existing portfolio of innovative products.
Check out our team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im15r4FZSYA
You will be expected to own the overall quality of the container based microservices we produce, working with the wider team to ensure a seamless experience for the users. You will need to drive the automation using sound testing principles to ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are all consistently met.
You must have:
* Automation framework experience with hand coded tests
* API testing experience, both JSON and XML
* Confidence writing acceptance criteria for user stories
* Good writing skills. This is to create reproducible steps for bugs and aid in the documentation of new test processes
You'll also need to know the following (but we can train on these if there's a couple missing):
* Using VSTS and Test Manager for managing test cases
* Chakram, jMeter and Postman
* Mobile application testing
* Load and scalability testing for web apps and API services
* Continuous Delivery
If you’d like to hear more about the business and the benefits, just get in touch. Whether it’s over the phone or over a coffee, we’d love to chat with you.
Drop Winhola a line, she’s our Head of Talent:
0161 348 7151