Sky Betting & Gaming
Leeds, Yorkshire. United Kingdom
We're looking for a Test Engineer with Automation skills, testing APIs along with a little bit of manual testing along the way.
What you will do
Reporting to the Nexus tribe test manager, you’ll be designing, building and maintaining automated tests for the API endpoints and back office applications for the sportsbook software stack, running load tests and working with the other members in the squad and our 3rd party suppliers to test and deliver updates and new functionality to the sportsbook which is the foundation of Sky Betting and Gaming, managing the customer account and event data for sports betting customers.
You will be keen to share your skills and experience with more junior members of the squad to help them in their development.
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. We believe we have a strong culture and we want you to be a part of it.
How you will do it
Working as part of the delivery squad you will:
- Build, maintain and execute automated tests using industry standard technologies such as Java, Selenium, SoapUI and JMeter
- Work with developers, stakeholders and business analysts to define the test approach for new functionality and ensure it meets the requirements
- Share your experience by mentoring more junior squad members
- Actively improve the test processes and procedures within the squad
How we work
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us
- You will need to demonstrate comprehensive test analysis skills
- Be proficient in developing and maintaining automated tests
- Have a good appreciation of what can and can’t be automated
- Have experience of working in an agile environment (Scrum / Kanban)
- You will be happy to work independently or collaboratively on multiple tasks
What we can offer you
We really care about your professional development. As a member of a technical team, you’ll get 10% of your working week to dedicate to self-directed learning and development. You’ll also have £1000 per year Tech Ninja fund to supply you with resources, whether that be a conference ticket to TestBash or an exam, we’ve got it covered.
Attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.