Posted: 4th July 2019
Junior QA Engineer
Edinburgh, Scotland. United Kingdom
Arc-net is looking for a talented Junior QA Engineer to join our growing development team in the centre of Edinburgh.
Who we are
Supply chains have become global and are constantly growing in complexity. At the same time, consumers are demanding greater transparency into the products that they purchase while trust in producers is gradually eroded by product recalls and scandals.
Arc-net is a new tech start-up based in Edinburgh, the beautiful capital in the heart of Scotland. We are building a platform to track products as they pass through these elaborate supply chains and we need you to help us build the tools to support and visualise that data for our customers and their consumers. Arc-net’s platform is grounded by blockchain, the technology that underpins Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The distributed and essentially immutable nature of blockchain allows arc-net to offer end consumers a level of trust in their products that has been previously unavailable.
What we need
To achieve Arc-net’s goal of delivering these services to our customers we need a passionate and committed Junior QA Engineer who will work closely with the whole Engineering team to ensure the delivery of quality software, faster. You will carry out your duties under the direction of the QA Manager, performing tasks such as exploratory testing, managing defects and writing automated tests. You will be an advocate for quality and be ready to challenge the norm.
- You are self-motivated to learn and understand the components of a modern application
- You are passionate about QA and enjoy improving processes and helping to deliver quality software
- You will adhere to and contribute to the QA process and test strategy
- You understand the role of QA in an agile team and can work with the team to make the most effective use of time and resource
- You are able to cope with changing priorities and assist where the business needs you to
- You are comfortable with functional black-box testing and have the curiosity to go beyond this to ensure software is tested thoroughly
If you have any of the following experience it’ll help:
- Use of front-end automation tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with at least one programming language
- Testing of mobile and web applications
- Testing of APIs
- Working with Continuous Integration tools
- Working with containers and Docker
What you can expect from us
- Salary of £28,000 per annum
- Great central Edinburgh location
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Flexible working environment (including remote working where required)
- Exposure to new tools and technology
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts