Performance Testing 101 - Simon Knight
If you want to performance test but don't know where to start, this course is for you. If you've been put off by the cost of tooling or complexity of enterprise solutions, delay no more!
Performance Testing 101 will show you how to use free and open source tools to kick-start your performance testing efforts.
The course videos will provide you with all the information you need to get started performance testing your application including details on how to setup your testing environment, how to script and run your tests and most importantly - how to analyse, interpret and present the results to people who care.
If you or your team have been looking for an easy to follow, step by step guide to delivering a performance testing solution, look no further. Start watching the videos now!
- Introduction - Why Performance Test?
- Fundamentals - It’s All About the Bottlenecks
- Variations on a Theme - Performance Testing Patterns
- Questions to Ask - What You Need to Know to Get Started
- Simon discusses some heuristics that can be used to inform a performance testing project.
- Users - Who Are They and What Are They All Doing??!!
- Getting Setup With JMeter
- Getting Started with Scripting - JMeter Basics
- Getting Started with Scripting - Using the HTTP(S) Recorder
- Reliable Test Scripts Using Assertions
- Parameterisation & Data
- Crafting your load - Basic and Ultimate Threading
- Setting Up Your Performance Test Environment
- Server Monitoring in JMeter
- More Monitoring
- Tuning The Environment
- Importing Results Into Excel
- Reporting Your Findings
- Generating Users With JMeter
- API Testing With JMeter
- Veryfing Downloads Using JMeter