Weekly Newsletter: A Practical Guide To Release Testing
Get weekly software testing community news to your inbox - sign up for our much-loved newsletter!
One of the most critical parts of any software project is releasing it out into the world, and customers. It can also be underappreciated. Sometimes releases go badly and even good quality software has problems because of how it’s released.
With only a few weeks left to submit, now is a good time to get your thinking cap on, put pen to paper and get your idea submitted. For TestBash Essentials, we're looking for talks that will help those that are new to testing or could benefit from learning more about testing. TestBash Brighton, we're always open to new ideas or an aspect you feel hasn't been covered before! Get involved.
Is your team sleeping towards failure? How do you "keep it real" in software engineering? Paul Maxwell-Walters will share all in his TestBash Australia talk. You can buy your Early Bird ticket now and make a saving! We've lots of fascinating talks lined up to broaden your testing knowledge. Look forward to seeing you there!
MoT MeetupsEach week we will feature one of our upcoming MoT community Meetups. Find or start a MoT meetup
The ClubWe've picked a few topics of interest from The Club for you to read, contribute and generally get involved with?
Community PostsHighlighting a selection of blog posts from the testing community.
Software Testing is comprised of a great number of things, and resists being narrowly defined. Techniques vary widely and the industry evolves rapidly, so how can we explain what it is exactly? Claire Reckless helps us to do so, calmly and concisely, in her article “So, What Is Software Testing?”. Since advocating for testing includes the ability to communicate these points, I wanted to absorb Claire’s article. Being visually focused means I learn best by making sketchnotes, so that’s what I did
- Upstream rebuilds with Jenkins Job Builder - atodorov.org
- Getting Started in Automation – Making Excel Tables – The Rambling Tester
- #30daysoftesting – A web UI testing tool - Toine
- Running Mocha e2e Tests in Parallel – WatirMelon
- #SuperGoalingBros – OWASP Study – 7. Cross Site Scripting (XSS) – Mike the Tester
- Refactoring Kung Fu - Part I - Everyday Unit Testing
- Watchdog or Service Dog? – offbeattesting
- Freemind Scripting for Markdown Presentation Generation - Evil Tester
- The column that shall not be named - Gregory Testing
- 30 Days of Automation in Testing - Blunt Instruments Of Testing
- Application of modern testing for testing a modern application - Chris George
- On ending the regression automation fixation - On Test Automation
- Testing Tour Stop #14: Pair Evaluating a Visual Regression Testing Framework with Mirjana - A Tester's Journey
- Understanding Agile Testing -Scrolltest
- Stop Compromising Quality: Setting Automation Up for Success - Angie Jones, Ministry of Testing - Boston - Adventures in Automation
- How to Craft a Union SQL Injection Attack - Think Like a Tester
Testing PodcastsMoT host various podcasts, but here is a selection of interesting testing podcasts from around the web.
- 065 Running a successful internal bug bounty program with Pascal Schulz - PurePerformance
- 209: API Functional Testing with Klaus Neuhold & Dave Karow - Test Talks
- What is Zalenium? Docker based Selenium Grid - Test Automation Made Easy: Tools, Tips & Training Awesomeness
Testing ChatterWe keep a close eye on our two slack groups - testers.chat and our MoT Slack. This is what they've been sharing.
- BECU will restore accessibility for blind customers to its website and mobile banking app - The Seattle Times
- Generating JWT Tokens for App Store Connect API - XCBlog
- Sticky elements: functionality and accessibility testing - Technology at GDS
- Overburdening: how to cope with it and work is irrefutable - Xebia Blog
- Samsung Investigates Claims of Spontaneous Texting of Images to Contacts | The first stop for security news - Threatpost
- Get Smart With Internet 2.0
- How GitHub became the nexus of software automation - ZDNet