This episode of Testers' Island Discs was supported by TestRail, the test management tool that makes testing simpler - it works the way you test. Learn more and try it for free at www.gurock.com/testrail.
It's time to cross the streams, as Neil is joined by Dan Billing, his co-host on the Screen Testing podcast and an all-round security testing guru.
In a predictably madcap episode, we throw away most of the questions and get into discussing the deep role that music (and movies) play within Dan's personal and testing lives. There's also some serious discussion about Dan's professional influences, mentors, and coping with anxiety, illness and loss.
You can catch Dan on Twitter at @TheTestDoctor!
- Screen Testing podcast
- YouTube: On Her Majesty's Secret Service opening theme (John Barry)
- Wikipedia: List of music featured on Doctor Who
- IMDB: Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (Ian Dury movie)
- Chailey Heritage Foundation
- Brittany Hunter: Of Software Designers & Broken Combs
- Rob Lambert: T-Shaped Testers and their role in a team
- TestBash Brighton 2013: Bill Matthews - Context Driven Security
- Dan Billing: Introducing... Ticket Magpie
- Twitter: David Hatanian
- Twitter: Franzi Sauerwein
- GitHub: Danny Dainton - All Things Postman
- OWASP Juice Shop Project
- Meetup.com: Liverpool Tester Gathering
- Troy Hunt
- YouTube: Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
- TestBash Philadelphia 2017: Dan Billing - How To Be A Redshirt And Survive
- YouTube: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - What Are Midichlorians?
- YouTube: Coldplay - Midnight
- Spotify: Dan's "Security" playlist
- Spotify: Dan's "Testing Soundtracks" playlist
- Hacker Typer
- IMDB: High Fidelity
- Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones
- James Bonding podcast
- Wikipedia: General Data Protection Regulation
- Twitter: Richard Bradshaw: "If you don't mention risk at least once a day..."
- YouTube: South Park - Kyle's Mom's A B****
- YouTube: The Simmertones - Dr Who